Friday, March 1, 2013

Whipped Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Okay, so I never do this, but I'm adding a recipe I haven't actually made yet.  I did have this the other night but it was made by a friend of mine.  I thought it was so good I had to come home and find the recipe and put it on the blog so I have it handy for the next time I'm craving cupcakes with AMAZING frosting.  This recipe comes from AnniesEats.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups, plus 2 TBSP unsalted butter (that's 3 sticks plus 2 tbsp.), at room temperature
3 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
Pinch of salt
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (optional)
2 TBSP heavy cream
1 TBSP vanilla extract

Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on medium high speed until smooth, about one minute. Add the confectioners sugar and mix at medium-low speed until just incorporated. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean pod (if using one) into the bowl and add the pinch of salt. Continue to beat at medium-high speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Mix the heavy cream and vanilla in on low speed just until incorporated.  Increase speed to high and whip for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.

*Yields enough to frost 2 dozen cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment