Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Apricot Dijon Glazed Chicken

I made a whole bunch (and I do mean A LOT!) of peach freezer jam last fall when my peach tree was overflowing with yummy goodness.  But it turns out that my kids don't like peach jam and there's no way I can eat it all myself.  I've had this recipe for years and years but it just occurred to me to try and use peach jam instead of apricot.  And guess what?  It was awesome, that's what!  So I guess I've found a great way to use up all that jam and my kids don't even know they're eating it.  By the way, there really wasn't anything wrong with the jam...it just wasn't strawberry or grape so therefore it was too "different."  I know jam and mustard don't seem like they go together, but believe me, it works.  It has kind of an Asian sweet and sour taste to it.  Try it tonight!

Ingredients:
8 chicken thighs (I used tenders instead)
1 jar (12 oz) apricot jam (or peach)
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard

Bring jam, honey and mustard to a boil in a small saucepan.  Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until it's thickened and reduced to about half (about 15 minutes.)  You don't have to stir it constantly, but frequently.  And definitely don't let it boil over because that would be a terrible mess.  I'd probably move instead of clean it up! Put chicken into a 9X13 pan and salt and pepper.  Pour the sauce over the top and spread it evenly.  Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  Serve over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment