Saturday, January 12, 2013

Spinach Carrot Ginger Juice

So I tried a recipe for lunch today that was entirely veggies.  Bad idea! I could barely choke it down.  I've decided you need at least one fruit in each recipe.  Even if fruit does have more calories you're still looking at less than 300 for the entire recipe (~20 ounces.) If you're juice fasting then three meals at 300 calories is still only 900 per day.  Add in some exercise and you're definitely going to lose weight.....or at least I'd better!  This was my dinner drink and it was probably my favorite so far. I really liked the hint of parsley.  And I'm starting to think you can't go wrong with carrots and celery.  They don't really have strong enough flavors to take over the whole drink.

1 Apple
1 Orange
4 Medium Carrots
3 Cups Spinach (recipe called for Kale but I didn't have any)
1/2 lemon, peeled
3 stalks celery
1 inch ginger root
Several sprigs of parsley

Calories = ~246 (by the way these are the calorie counts if you consumed the whole fruit/veggies.  So just the juice will come out to less because there is some pulp that's not eaten.)

No comments:

Post a Comment