Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cinnamon Syrup



What's this?! A recipe that is not made in the juicer?  That's right folks, my 10 day juice fast is almost over and I am plum out of juicing recipes!  I got to the point where you could pretty much throw anything in together, add an apple, or orange and it would taste just great.  I made the kids waffles with cinnamon syrup for dinner tonight and I admit I did eat a little, but only because I needed to taste this new syrup recipe for myself.  I'm the kind of girl who grew up thinking the only kind of syrup was maple syrup, so discovering in my 30's that this isn't true is quite exciting (thank you Pinterest!)  So for your next breakfast try out this recipe.  It was very tasty and I think would be amazing on French Toast.

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. water
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk

In a saucepan combine all ingredients except the evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes, then stir in evaporated milk.  This made a little less than 2 cups of syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment