Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beet-le Juice



I was a little hesitant to try using beets in my juice, but I decided to go for it anyway. I ate lots of beets growing up (my parents always raised a MASSIVE garden) and I had forgotten that I actually like them.  Plus, the color of this juice was really pretty.  I'm starting to think that it makes it easier to drink your veggies if the juice is an appealing color.  Once again though, my husband chose to make something different because he doesn't like beets.  I'm starting to wonder if he likes vegetables at all (aside from celery and spinach!)  Beware though!  Beets are stainy little suckers, especially on my light colored counter tops!

2 apples
1 small lemon
3 celery stalks
1 small to medium sized beet
3 cups spinach or other leafy green
1 cucumber

Calories = ~ 240

No comments:

Post a Comment