Saturday, February 25, 2012

Key Lime Bars

This is a recipe I found in the February/March 2012 Taste of Home Magazine.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of this one!

Crust:
1 1/4 cups flour
30 vanilla wafers, broken into pieces
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. chopped pecans
3/4 C. cold butter, cubed

Cream Cheese Layer:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Key Lime Layer:
1 1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. flour
4 eggs
1/2 C. key lime juice

1)  In a food processor, combine the flour, wafers, powdered sugar and pecans;  cover and process until nuts are fine.  Add butter; cover and pulse until crumbly.

2) Press crust mixture into an ungreased 13 X 9 pan.  Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on a wire rack

3)  In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until blended; spread over crust to edges of pan.  In another small bowl, combine sugar and flour; whisk in eggs and lime juice.  Gently pour over cream cheese layer.

4)  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set.  Cool on a wire rack.  Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.  Cut into bars.  Before serving, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.


1 comment:

  1. AMBER!!! How did I not know about this food blog????? I don't think anyone needs a reason to make a food blog, I think EVERYONE needs one. ;) I am going to be taking some time searching through this site, I can't believe you have all these recipes on here and I never knew it! I need to pay better attention!

    ReplyDelete