Saturday, February 25, 2012

Easy Blender Salsa

 
 I recently joined Pinterest and have been trying lots of new recipes that I've found on there.  There are so many that look amazing and so far almost everything I've tried has been excellent!  I'm not trying to take credit for any of the recipes on this blog, in fact, I think I'm the only person who reads this blog (maybe my mother-in-law too?).  So I'm really just trying to keep track of all the recipes I like in one central location so I don't forget about them!  I'll try and cite where I found them so credit can be given to the right source, assuming of course that there is anyone else who ever tries these recipes. 

Easy Blender Salsa

Ingredients:


  • 1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1- 10 oz can original Rotel
  • 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
  • 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
  • juice of 1 lime

Directions:

Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos.


This recipe can be found at  http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2012/01/quick-and-easy-salsa/

1 comment:

  1. You and your mother-in-law aren't the only ones looking! I come from time to time to get some of your yummy recipes....I'm gonna use this one today :)

    ReplyDelete