Saturday, February 25, 2012

Guacamole #2



I've already posted one Guacamole recipe on this blog, but I think I liked this one even more. 

Ingredients:
2 ripe Avocados, peeled and pitted
1 1/2 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
1/4 Cup minced Red Onion
2 Tablespoons minced Cilantro
1 small clove Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt or 1/2 teaspoon Table Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
Half of one Jalapeño, minced

Directions:
Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Remove the avocado from the skin by scooping it out with a spoon. Place the avocado in a bowl and mash it gently with a fork. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Serve immediately. The recipe also says you can cover and chill for up to 3 hours.
Makes 3-4 servings (but it will go so fast you should double it! I did.).

I found this recipe at  http://forfood.rezimo.com/2008/07/the-best-guacamole-ive-ever-made-recipe/ but I did alter it some.  I used less lime juice than the original recipe called for and it was plenty for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment