Monday, January 27, 2014

Caramel Chex

This can be made with either Chex cereal or with Crispix cereal. It has A LOT of butter in it but I suppose as long as you don't eat it every day it shouldn't be too bad for your hips! I meant to take a picture but my kids ate it too fast. I got the recipe here and she has great pictures. I didn't change anything in this recipe.

Ingredients:
 
2 small boxes of Crispix or Chex Cereal
2 cups of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
½ cup Light Karo syrup
½ tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Baking Soda
 
Instructions
  1. Melt butter in a sauce pan.
  2. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
  3. Add Karo syrup, vanilla and baking soda.
  4. I put the cereal in a large bowl then pour mixture over the top and stir.
  5. Then pour into a brown paper sack.
  6. Microwave for two minutes and shake.
  7. Microwave again for two minutes and shake.
  8. Spread the Crispix onto wax paper and let cool.
  9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment