Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chicken & Broccoli

 
Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
1 10 oz can cheddar soup
1 14 oz can chicken broth (I think next time I'll half this amount, it was a little too runny)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt seasoning
1 cup sour cream
6 cups broccoli florets, just fork tender (I cooked it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place soups, chicken broth, salt, and garlic seasoning into a crock-pot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Place chicken in, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
 2. When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
 3. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese.  

This original recipe said this made 4-6 servings so I doubled it for my family of 6.  It made a humongous batch!  I ended up freezing over half of it which was fine because it will make for an easy meal some other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment