Saturday, November 3, 2012

Banana Cream Pie

I did have pictures for this post but now I can't find them.  Chances are pretty good that I uploaded them into the wrong folder.  If I run across them or when I make this again I will add pictures!  Maybe I should make it again just so I can take a few pictures?!!!

Step One:
1 Cup Dream Whip*
1 Cup Milk

Whip these two ingredients together for several minutes at high speed until it reaches a stiff enough consistency that it stays inside the beaters when lifted from the bowl.  This isn't possible using just a hand mixer.  You have to have a machine such as a Bosch or Kitchen Aid or equivalent and use the whisk beaters to achieve this consistency.  Believe me, I've tried the other way and then cried because there was no pie for me! Boo Hoo!

In a separate bowl mix together using a hand mixer:
2 small packages of Banana Cream pudding
1 1/2 Cups of milk

Add the contents of both bowls together and mix just long enough to completely combine the ingredients.  Then you spoon this mixture into a prepared pie crust and refrigerate until time for dessert.  I just used a graham cracker crust I had on hand because I didn't have time to make my own crust.  It tastes great with either a graham cracker crust or a pastry crust. You can slice up the bananas and put them on the bottom under the cream like my mom does, but I prefer to just slice some on top at serving time because I hate even slightly browned bananas.

*Dream Whip can be found in the baking aisle next to the pudding section.  You will need 2 boxes (4 envelopes) to equal 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment