Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ham Fried Rice

Ham Fried Rice


2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup sliced green onion (regular onion works fine too)
1 C. Ham or bacon
3 Cups rice, cooked (if it's chilled it doesn't stick together as much)
1/4 C. soy sauce
2 eggs
1 C. frozen peas

Directions:
1) Saute onions and ham in oil until onion is soft
2) Add rice to the pan and mix well
3) scrape all the mixture to one side so you have one side with the bottom of the pan showing. Pour soy sauce there. hold the pan at an angle over burner so only soy sauce is cooking. Let the soy sauce bubble for about a minute. You may think it's burning but its not. This step is important for getting the right flavor.
4) stir rice mixture and soy sauce together
5) make a hole in the middle of the mixture and scramble the eggs inside it. When eggs are cooked mix them in with the rice mixture.
6) Add the peas and warm them through.

I know I made it sound sorta difficult, but it's really not. Give it a try and you'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, ham fried rice, my favorite thing to do for breakfast whenever I have left over ham in the fridge (which is almost always since I love making ham myself, lol!). My kids and hubby really love it. I'll just fry some bacon and sunny side up eggs plus fresh orange juice (or coffee for hubby) and it's breakfast feast already! Love mornings like that!

    ReplyDelete