Sunday, July 11, 2010

4 Layer Pie

I've heard this called many things, (my favorite being "Girdle Buster"), but my family has always called it 4 Layer Pie. I guess that shows how terribly creative we are. But it tastes awesome no matter what you prefer to call it!



4 Layer Pie

Layer 1: 1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter
1 Cup pecans - diced
Mix all together and press into the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
I'll admit,I usually just buy 2 crusts (graham cracker, chocolate or Oreo all work great) instead of making this layer.

Layer 2:
8 oz cream cheese
2 C. Cool Whip
2 C. Powdered Sugar
Mix together well.

Layer 3: 2 small or 1 large chocolate pudding mixed as directed on the package.

Let pie set in refrigerate and then add layer 4.

Layer 4: Cool Whip on top.

Take this to your next family reunion and I guarantee they will invite you to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment