Monday, November 11, 2013

No Bake Cookies

This is such a simple recipe but I've never bothered to write it down so every time my kids ask for these I have to go online to search for a recipe. So in an effort to cut down on search time I'm putting it here on my personal food blog. 



Ingredients:
1/2 c. margarine or butter  
2 c. sugar   
1/4 c. cocoa
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. milk  
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. peanut butter
3 c. old-fashioned oats

Mix the butter, sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, and milk in a sauce pan and melt together. Let it reach boiling point and boil for about two minutes. Remove from heat and put in vanilla and peanut butter and stir until peanut butter melts.  Then add oats and stir until completely coated. Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto wax paper and let cool a bit before you eat them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment