Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Slap Your Grandma Bars"

At least that's what my sister calls them because she say's you'd slap your grandma to have one*. They are pretty darn tasty!

1 pkg. Yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
1 egg
Mix these together and press in bottom of 9x13 pan.
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
2 eggs
Mix these with beaters and pour over your bottom layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a dark golden brown. Cool completely before cutting. They are gooey and taste great chilled!

*I cannot be held liable for any negative consequences that may occur if you were to actually slap your Grandma. Elder abuse is NEVER okay!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these. Very rich. I substituted lemon cake mix, because I had it on hand. Very close to lemon bars, yummy. I had to do some research to find out how much a box of powdered sugar is and I found that it is 1 pound or 3 1/2 to 4 cups. Another great recipe

    ReplyDelete