Monday, September 2, 2013

Cucumber Salad




One of my neighbors gave me a bag of cucumbers this week so I decided to make this cucumber salad recipe that I'd seen on Pinterest.  I did it as the recipe called for but I have altered it a bit because I thought the vinegar was too strong.  This is my altered version.  I really liked it.  It's very crisp and "summery."  Though, admittedly, not for everyone.  It does have A LOT of flavor!

4 thinly sliced cucumbers
1 large  sliced red onion
1 large  sliced green bell  pepper (or color of your choice)
1 Tbsp salt
1 1/2 cups white vinegar

1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar

1 tsp celery flakes
1 tsp red pepper flakes

1 tsp. minced garlic 

In a bowl place cucumbers, onion, peppers, salt, celery flakes, red pepper flakes and gently stir.  

Bring to a boil the vinegar,water,and garlic .  Then add two large handfuls of ice.

Pack vegetable mixture tightly into 2 quart jars (or 4 pints). Pour slightly cooled liquid mixture into the jars until they are full.  Keep in the refrigerator for up to two months.

Original recipe from Pinterest can be found Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment