Monday, February 1, 2010

Applesauce Choc. Chip Muffins

I've had a hard time getting one of my children to get up for school in the morning. The main problem seems to be that he's bored with the same ol' breakfast all the time. I am not a morning person so I'm not getting up long before the kids do in order to make a fancy breakfast. So we came up with the idea of Monday Muffin Morning. I will make muffins on Sunday night and the kids can eat them on Monday morning. Here's the recipe for my first batch of muffins.

APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS


Ingredients list:

2 medium eggs.
4 cups of flour.
2 cups of unsweetened applesauce.
2 cups of sugar.
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of butter.
3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
2 teaspoons of ground allspice.
2 teaspoons of baking soda.
1 teaspoon of ground cloves.
1 teaspoon of salt.
Powdered sugar.
Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).

Cream the butter and sugar.

Add the eggs, one at a time.

Mix in the applesauce, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.

Sift the salt, baking soda and flour together, then add to applesauce mixture and mix thoroughly.

Stir in the chopped nuts.

Pour into greased muffin tins and bake for about 15 minutes.

While still warm, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar.

I found this at muffinrecipes.net

No comments:

Post a Comment